April 2021 Summary

HIGHLIGHTS Very productive month! LUNATICS PRODUCTION Worked extensively on the LA-Launch and SF-SoyuzFlight sequences this month. Assembled new animatics for them, identified work needed on their shots, and constructed a new full-episode animatic. Fixed or updated the sets, effects, and other modesl for the LA & SF sequences. Did some research on infrastructure for digital […]

March 2021 Summary

HIGHLIGHTS: LUNATICS PRODUCTION Worked on the S1E01-LA “Launch” sequence this month. It is very nearly finished now. Still a few tweaks here and there, and I haven’t added the extras yet in the shots that call for them. The Mission Control shots aren’t fully animated, and I haven’t pulled the Georgiana PoV shot in the […]

February 2021 Summary

HIGHLIGHTS: LAUNCH VEHICLE RIGGING Finished up the rigging for the staging of the launch vehicle for shots in S1E01-SF-SoyuzFlight sequence. BLDG 254 EXT SET Finished materials and set dressing for the Bldg254-Ext set for the S1E01-LA-Launch sequence. Got a little start on the shot, and I revised the linking plan for S1E01-LA, moving the actual […]

January 2021 Summary

HIGHLIGHTS: LUNATICS PRODUCTION Found the Train Pullaway shot and started reassembling it. Worked on modeling, rigging, and animating the Soyuz rocket plume effects animation. I’ve completed the core + pod stage effect and at least a first draft of the upperstage effect (less happy with that one, because it doesn’t hold up as well from […]

Spacesuit crate prop for S1E01-Prolog.

November 2020 Summary

This month, I finished up most of my data management troubles, though I do need to revisit my RAID-1 and backup systems again in 2021. I need to learn how to do proper maintenance on the new BTRFS RAID-1 arrangement I’m using for redundant storage of my project data, and I still need to set […]

June 2020 Summary

HIGHLIGHTS: TACTIC S-Types, schema, & workflow development New color-check monitor installed & calibrated Adapted worklog recording to dual-monitor setup Worked on sunrise and day lighting in Lunatics S1E01-SR-2 Lunatics is still in the doldrums, with me stuck on the lighting for the “timelapse” shots in the “Soyuz Rollout” sequence (S1E01-SR-2). Despite putting a lot of […]

January 2020 Summary

HIGHLIGHTS: Setup Patreon Payment Details Recorded first two Film Freedom Podcasts Finished rendering Lunatics! TB Sequence Andrew Pam gave a presentation at LCA on Film Freedom projects Researched pro color-calibration for monitor (open source available) Completed the archive Blu-Ray of worklogs for 2019 Finished the video and DVD for SWRT’s “Alice in Wonderland” Created a […]

December 2019 Summary

HIGHLIGHTS: Work on metadata discovery for ABX (and KitCAT) Protonmail domain account for narya.net mail Automated “Lunatics!” ink/color setup with ABX Set dressing for TB-TouringBaikonur sequence in S1E01 Rendered (most of) TB-TouringBaikonur sequence on remote render server   Dec 6, 2019 at 4:00 PM Demo: ABX File Context Discovery This is a short demonstration of […]

November 2019 Summary

HIGHLIGHTS: Finished “Devastation of the Xmas” video for SWRT Setup Eclipse/PyDev/Blender Extension IDE Started ABX Development (File & Path Context) Nov 8, 2019 at 4:01 PM Developing Blender Extensions in Eclipse/PyDev I’ve been following Witold Jaworski’s e-book, Programming Add-Ons for Blender 2.8 in Eclipse/PyDev as a way to set up my development environment, and I’ve […]

October 2019 Summary

HIGHLIGHTS: Condensed my to-do list and moved a lot of development notes into project-specific “NOTES.rst” files. Started project stubs in Eclipse. Worked on “Devastation of Xmas” animation for SWRT Xmas play. Development work on ABX. Lunatics-specific ink compositing script. Improving Eclipse workspace and training. Revisions to Central Market set with billboards and products.   Oct […]